<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 22, 2004

Well, it turns out that I've already tried this blog thing on this server and totally forgot about it (see previous post--see? I was right!).

I played the 15th Annual Phoenix Folk Traditions Festival this past weekend in Encanto Park. I was there on Satur day and had a great time.

I played a show on the outdoor stage at 4:00 p.m., precisely the hottest moment of the day, and aside from forgetting to bring WATER, things went great.

Saw a fellow named Tom Whitlock perform; his lead guitarist was a guy na med Steve Devoss, who I've known literally since we were both in the eighth grade in Wisconsin. I am envious of his Taylor. To say nothing of his playing ability, which has always had me in awe, ever since we were kids. Some things, they say, never change.

Right after that set, I bumped into Christi Martin and Ao Oogh O'Tuama (I think that's how it's spelled), better known to the worl d at Four Shillings Short. They are an act that's pretty much constantly on tour, endlessly entertaining and if you EVER get the chance to see these people I think you would be an idiot to pass up that opportunity.

Anyway, after catching up, Ao Oogh told me that they were thinking about performing and possibly recording one of my songs, "I'm Posting the Ten Commandments." I gave him my blessing and so who knows? Someday I may be covered.

More later.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?