<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Well, it's been a few days since I posted and I thought I would drop a note on, just 'cause it's not like anybody's LOOKING at this yet, or are you?

I am trying to record my second album but a severe lack of time and money is putting the cramps on this -- especially time. Thing is, the guy I'm recording with has his studio in Fountain Hills--about 25 miles from where I live, and I can only afford to spend about two hours there when I do get there. I'm looking at April 10 as the next time I'll actually have time to be out there. We'll see.

Here's the list of songs that I'm planning to have on the next CD, and a preliminary order (subject to change):

1. Catch Phrases
2. Sun City Sinners
3. Clerical Error
4. Folkin' Up Your Saturday Night
5. That Fiddle and Banjo Crap
6. My F-Hole
7. Good Enough for Guys
8. The Girl Who Shares Your Name
9. Everybody Wanna (Sound Like Nirvana)
10. Christmas In Arizona

The last song is by a guy I know named Bill Blankenship, who used to live here but doesn't anymore. He entrusted me to perform this song because "Texas," where he moved to, doesn't scan.

If this album sounds as good as I hope it will, it's gonna be kind of jarring. It has a very "folk/country/bluegrass" feel to it except for the fact that one song is very grunge and one song is very rockabilly. The grunge song, "Nirvana," will be the hardest to do. We're saving that for last.

There is also the possibility that I will put the song "Valentine's Day" on it. This is a song that I don't do all that often, but it's the first song I ever wrote that caused some disinterested person to look up from his spinach and pine nut salad in a restaurant where I was playing once, and say, "That's a pretty good song."

You don't forget things like that!

Later.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?