<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

I saw an interesting news headline on AOL this morning:

"Muslim Holy Man calls for more revolts"

I'm sorry, but the minute you tell your followers to go out and kill, you stop being a holy Muslim cleric and you immediately become a dick in a hat.

While it's definitely the fun thing to do to support President Stupid, I don't. I don't support the so-called "war effort" (interesting--I heard a senator use the phrase 'it's been more than a year since we declared war' -- do YOU remember ANYBODY declaring war on Iraq?), I think (like most people) that we're going after the wrong people, I think we're totally screwing up relations with middle-eastern countries for at least the next 10-20 years by doing this, and I think we're wasting an incredible amount of money forcing Mom and Apple Pie down the throats of a people who'd rather cut their throats than eat apple pie, which as you know comes in a crust, which is made with lard, which comes from pigs, which they're not allowed to eat anyway.

I don't support having a president who clearly doesn't have an original idea in his head. I have the sincere belief that when he was here a couple of months ago and had dinner at the Tee Pee Tap Room with Jerry Colangelo, he probably had to have the concept of a taco explained to him.

I don't support a VP who maintains connections with his old job by giving that company all the contracts for the "new" Iraq.

What I do support is a new way of picking presidents: A lottery. Everybody puts their name in a hat. Whoever gets chosen has to do it for four years. Couldn't be any worse than the people we have in there now.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?