<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 15, 2004

If I had my own TV station, KTOM, it would be the finest TV station ever. It would show nothing but GOOD televsion.

What do I mean by GOOD television?

Stuff I like, of course.

Which means it would be mostly music.

My fantasy station would show:

Reruns of:
Soundstage, a music program that ran on PBS in the 70s;
Early shows from Austin City Limits; same era as above;
Night Music/Sunday Night, the two-season music program from '89-90;
Shindig!
The Johnny Cash Show, especially the shows with people like Dylan, etc. in it.
Ed Sullivan reruns.

Also, all movies would be uncut. All movies would be good, or really really bad, so bad they're good.

I would also go out and find "Alice in Wonderland, or What's a nice kid like you doing in a place like this," a Hanna-Barbera production from the mid-60s that featured Sammy Davis Jr. as the Cheshire cat.

I would show Marx Brothers movies whenever possible.

I would have my own music show where I brought my friends on and forced America to listen to them.

Investors? Anyone?


S

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?