<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

The Paper Heart gig with Unity in Motion went remarkably well; it being a holiday weekend, I wasn't expecting tons of people and I wasn't disappointed. But, those who did come appeared to have a good time.

Not the least of this good time was provided by the above mentioned ladies of UIM. What good sports they are!

If you are familiar with UIM at all, you know that they are one of the few performing bellydance troupes in the Valley; along with "Domba," they're probably the best-known. They've danced at the Alwun House Erotic Exotic shows for a few years now, they do parties, bar mitzvahs, etc.

And now, they can proudly say, they also sing and do comedy.

This is my doing.

Game as they were, I got their leader, the beautiful and talented Melissa, to sing a pirate song.

Dressed like a pirate.

While all the other ladies stood around and went, "Arrrrrr..." All dressed like pirates.

All this after storming the stage and doing a chintzy pirate routine with me.

Then, while I premiered what should be the new state song for Wisconsin, they pretended to be extremely bored, eventually collapsing into a huge pile behind me, and pretending to make out with each other.

I THINK they were pretending. I couldn't see it. The audience could, though, and judging from the hoots and hollers I guess it was pretty funny! Or pretty authentic.

We will probably perform together again sometime, somewhere...who knows what we'll do...or where we'll do it?

Thanks, ladies.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?