<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Isabel Sanford was 86 when she died? And still working! Man oh man. I should look that good when I'm 50. So long, Weezy...

Am I just a paranoid anti-republican, or does all this talk about "postponing" the election kind of scare everything you've ever eaten out of you, too?

That said, I don't like the idea of the Phillippines pulling out of Iraq just to save a guy. It gives the assholes who are kidnapping average joes an argument to kidnap somebody else.

Of course, maybe the Phillippines have a point. I knew lots of guys in high school whose dads fought in the Phillippines during WW2. To a MAN, every one of them had brought home pictures of Phillippine insurgents holding the heads of fellow Phillippinos who had conspired with the Japanese. (Or, they'd be holding the heads of Japanese soldiers that they'd collected themselves.) So they know all about how grotesque beheading is. You certainly don't want a countryman splattered all over Al Jazeera. Still. If you feed a fire, it's harder to put it out.

I'm listening to an oldies feed on the internet right now and they're playing the version of "Let it Be" known as the "singles" version, which had Harrison's guitar solo more prominent than it is on the album version. Where the heck did they get a digital version of that?

Anybody remember Wayne Cochrane? He was this tall, white-haired rocker in the mid-60s from Florida who Jackie Gleason "discovered" (I use the term loosely) in a bar one night while drinking people under the table. Cochrane's performance style was to the guitar was Jerry Lee Lewis's was to the piano. Gleason used to have him on his show a lot and I can remember being riveted by the guy.

He was rather talented; in fact, he wrote the song "Last Kiss" (Oh where or where can my baby be/the Lord Took Her Away From me...etc.) that J Frank Wilson had a hit with in '64 and Pearl Jam recently had a hit with as well. But he disappeared when his 15 minutes were up.

Other than that I know he had a "spiritual awakening" (meaning, he pooped out to Jesus) some years back, I can't find anything on this guy on the internet. His performances on Gleason were amazing. Whatever happened to this guy?

Just rambling today...

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?