<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 20, 2004

OLYMPIC THOUGHTS:

Okay, I know that Beach Volleyball is new to the Olympics. I know that the players are nearly nude, just to get some ratings. But it makes sense in Greece. Greece virtually invented nudity. I've only seen one game so far, US vs. Germany, and I guess it was a toss up which side showed more skin. I do know that the US team is so good, the Germans walked off with a bunch of sand-scratches.

Also, they have to wear the skimpy suits this time because the next Summer Olympics is in China. If they even HAVE beach volleyball they're going to be clad head to toe, I bet.

Although I see where China's very first adult toy convention recently took place.
Just what the world needs--horny Chinese. Frump up another billion people and who knows? Maybe there'll finally be something to look at between Phoenix and Tucson.
"Looky there, children! It's the city of New China! They didn't have no room for 'em in China, so they set up their own place right here in the desert!'

Anyway, as the Volleyballers get nuder (and isn't volleyball the game most nudists play in the buff?) the swimmers are putting clothes on. Head to toe wet suits. "Slicker 'n skin," they say. Must be a bitch to take off.

After watching that girl gymnast whose name escapes me win her medal, I have one question: What the fuck are those leotards made out of? They look like recycled red plastic.

There are finally some girls on this year's team that are adults, so you don't have to feel weird ogling them. I guess it would be worse--although ratings would probably go through the frikkin' roof-- if gymnasts wore what the Volleyballers are wearing.

From a purely linquistic point of view, that would make sense. "Gymnastikos" means "nude activity" or "nude exercise" or something like that. But you could search for eons and never find a straight guy who could look at a nude teenage girl doing gymnastics and seriously compliment her technique. Not gonna happen.

Speaking of nudity, did you notice the dancers in the opening ceremonies who were topless, save for the bodypaint they were wearing? So visible nipples through bodypaint is okay on commercial television, but Janet Jackson's pierced and mostly-covered nipple at the Super Bowl isn't? Whazzat all about?

------

We're off to California tomorrow for an overnight. I'm taking my wife to see a bellydance show, which you can read more about here: www.eemed.com

------

Last weekend we were at a party where we were entertained by three members of my wife's troupe, Unity in Motion. They were wonderful. And tonight, I get to go watch them all again, including my wife! Busy Tom I am...

TT



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?