<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 24, 2004

I woke up this morning and saw my old nemesis and former employer, Don Lapre, on TV hawking a health product.

Listen. Please. If you are one of those people who actually buys the shit I spent years writing shows about, AVOID ANYTHING WITH DON LAPRE'S NAME ON IT.

I would sooner set up a pork fajita stand in Fallujah than give Don Lapre a penny of my money. At least with the pork stand, I'd know what I was getting into.

I haven't seen him on TV lately and I know he once again filed for bankruptcy a few years ago. I thought we were done with him.

I shoulda known better. I did a little research and found out that this new program is co-funded by a guy even MORE dishonest than Don.

On the upside, Lapre looks puffy and sick.

Or drunk.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. What a dick.

(Since I stopped doing work for Lapre in '95, I have run into more people who have since worked for him who have told me stories that are positively scary.)

Remember, "Don" is the first three letters of "Don't."

Don't Lapre. Okay?

--------------

Stuff you should know about if you're my age:

Good music exists on the radio: KCDX 103.1; comes out of Florence and is best heard on the east side, or up by my house. Great mix of 60s -- 80s music, and only the good stuff, PLUS album cuts. Not just the stuff that got played on the radio all the time. Very cool. And commercial free!


Good music exists on the internet: www.radiofreephoenix.com. An even better selection than KCDX, and again, commercial free!

-----------

Six hours to the Tom Chapin concert tonight at Fiddlers' Dream, and we're about 60% sold. So you all have plenty of time to get down to Fidd's and pick up a ticket and enjoy Mr. C. If you have kids, bring them to Tom's kids' show tomorrow morning at 11. 17th St. and Glendale.

-----------

Tomorrow night at Fiddlers' Dream, I'll be closing things up after Sue Harris goes on at 8 and Dry Kindling goes on at 9. I'll be funny. You all show up.

TT


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?