<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 27, 2004

The last two Sundays, I've been shopping with Jan when the muzak in the grocery store starts playing this rather stock dance song of recent vintage. I can't make out a word of what the girl is singing, but what's interesting about this song is that there's a counter melody running through the song on a synthesizer: "Gymmopedie 1" by Erik Satie. It adds a very melancholy feel to this otherwise upbeat song. Now I'm wondering if the words are profound, too. It's fascinating. Has anybody out there heard this? Do you know what I'm talking about?

---------

This weekend, this old nudist is finally going to do something he's always wanted to do: Go to Shangri-La.

The big holdup is that Jan never wanted to go. Now she HAS to go--she's booked! Her dance troupe is scheduled to do a show there, so of course I'm going.

---------

Then on Sunday at 10:20 a.m., I'm playing at the Prescott Folk Festival in the Sharlott Hall building. For 20 whole minutes! Woo Hoo!

TT


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?