<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Well, THAT was an interesting weekend plus...

Friday night my wife's dance troupe, Unity in Motion, danced to a PACKED house of more than 150 people at the Paper Heart Gallery. It was great. I was part of the festivities as the second half kicked off with a rendition of a song I wrote for the troupe to perform, a pirate song.

Oddly enough, the stage was already altered to look like a pirate ship for a benefit happening the next evening, "Mermaids and Martinis." So that was pretty serendipitous.

Unity's next gig is Shangri-La on October 2. I'm finally getting my wife to go to Shangri-La. Will wonders never cease.

----------------

Just another reminder--Tom Chapin is coming to Fiddlers' Dream on Sep. 24-25 so go there and buy tickets. It'll be great!

----------------

Hypothetical situation based on the best story of last night: You're at a ball game, minding your own business, when the hecklers around you irk one of the bullpen pitchers for the opposing team so much that he takes a metal chair and hurls it into the audience, caroming off the head of one guy and hitting you squarely in the nose, breaking it but good. Do you:

A) Call the Personal Injury Lawyer BEFORE going to the hospital;
B) Have the Personal Injury Lawyer MEET you at the hospital;
C) Figure that the first PI Lawyer who hands you a business card in the stands is going to be your lawyer, so he ACCOMPANIES you to the hospital;
D) Contemplate your good fortune as you realize that you now OWN both the Oakland Baseball Stadium and the Texas Rangers;
E) Immediately file an injunction against the guy whose head was ultimately responsible for breaking your nose, so that he doesn't get any of the fortune you're about to collect;

Choose all that apply. Add more if you want.

-------------------

I skipped out on hosting open stage last week in order to go over and play some music with my friend Nancy Freeman. We sound really good together, plus we've gotten along for more than 20 years of music making which is why I'm glad we never got super serious about forming a band. We'd probably both be addicted to heroin and sniping about each other to Rolling Stone.


Oh, and now that I have this public outage for my musings, please spread the word:

AT NO TIME, EVER, HAVE NANCY FREEMAN AND I BEEN HUSBAND AND WIFE.

Don't get me wrong; I love the girl to death. I consider her to be one of my best friends.

Yes, we've known each other a long time.

Yes, we have been known to walk around together at folk festivals where both of us are playing.

Yes, we sometimes perform together (don't miss our gig in December at Fiddlers' Dream! Woo hoo!).

Yes, we've seen each other naked.

But No, we're not married. Really. Just ask my wife. (Who, by the way, thinks it's hilarious. Frequently when Nancy calls, she'll say, "It's your wife.")

By the by, me and the wife--er, I mean, Nancy--are both scheduled to play at the Prescott Folk Festival October 2 and 3. I'm playing on Sunday this year so I can go be naked with my REAL wife at Shangri-La on Saturday.

--------------
Election day falls on my birthday this year. Give me what I want for my birthday-- a new President!

TT




Comments:
Hey Tom, I didn't see you on Warren's draft schedule for the Festival. You didn't change your name to "The Artichoke Sisters", did you?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?