<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 04, 2004

I played the Prescott Folk Festival yesterday and after all these years my goofy songs are starting to stick with people. I had a good score of folks ask me when I was playing, and I didn't even know most of them. Those who knew better avoided my show. Quite a few newbies were there, though, and appeared to be entertained.

My album is coming along. Really. I'm headed for Scott Hallock's this weekend to record some more. Problem is it's been so long I don't remember what I've recorded already. I'll have to ask him.

-----------

One of my best pals has officially labled me a non-geek because I'd never heard the term "radio-telescope" before. Is that all it takes to be called a non-geek? (See below, a post or two ago.)

But I AM a geek. I'm a Zappa geek -- Big time. Beatle geek -- Certainly in the majors, although maybe not a starter. Folk geek wannabe. Getting there.

Admittedly, though I like science fiction in large doses, I am NOT a sci-fi geek. I barely know my Heinlein from my heinie.

-----------

The Diamondbacks actually ended their season by winning about half of their last 12 games, including four of the last six. Still, they sucked.

And after Steve Finley's dramatic grand slam to get the Dodgers into the post-season, it's highly unlikely Fins will be using his free-agent status to come back HERE again next year.

I betcha Randy Johnson's gone as soon as the trade period starts.

I betcha Richie Sexson says "bye bye" too.

It's gonna be a looooooooong season next year.

------------

Even worse, my Cubbies aren't even in the postseason. Now THAT is something, as a Chicago-area native, I have come to expect.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?