<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 11, 2004

God, Bob Dylan is a good songwriter.

I'm sitting here listening to internet radio (radiofreephoenix.com) and they're playing "Some of Tom Thumb's Blues," which has always been one of my favorites because it's Dylan at his poetic best:

Well you're lost in the rain in Juarez
And it's Easter time, too
When gravity fails and negativity
don't pull you through
Don't put on any airs when you're down on
Rue Morgue Avenue
They got some hungry women there and man
they make a mess outta you.

What a great song.

-------

I have decided that if anyone ever again asks me to intercede in a gripe they have against somebody else, I'm going to tell them to fuck off. I seem only able to open entirely new cans of worms because I feel the need to point out to the complainer that they're probably just one side of a story and probably partially to blame for whatever the problem is.

You'd think people would see that.

--------

Damn that Paramount.

They just released both Marx Brothers and W.C. Fields Box Sets. This is the first time Fields' feature movies have EVER been on DVD and the Marx Bros movies are their first four. Gotta get 'em.

--------

My friend Jean Anderson sent me a new action figure for my act: Pope Innocent III.
I already have the joke for it.

Which reminds me, I'm playing Fiddlers Dream on Thanksgiving Friday. Y'all come.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?