<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 08, 2004

I don't go to too many concerts anymore. My ears can't take it; I already have problems with "cocktail ear" situations where there's a lot going on. I find myself frequently asking folks to repeat themselves.

Nevertheless, tomorrow night Jan and I are going to a concert. I don't think it'll be too loud but it'll be lots of fun, and it's someone I've admired ever since I first saw him pretending to play the lute and singing about Brave Sir Robin:

Yes, Neil Innes is coming to Phoenix. Tomorrow night at the Rhythm Room. He's covering the scope of his career; from the Bonzo Dog Band to his role as the "seventh Python" and his songs for "The Rutles," where of course he played "Ron Nasty."

This is gonna be fun. And since Neil's songs are all kind of bright and poppy, I doubt it'll be too loud.

-------

I went to TusCon over the weekend and it was fun! It wasn't all that big but there was stuff to do, we participants got lots of free books, Barry Bard was handing out condoms and foam rubber sperm in a promotion for the movie "Seed of Chucky," (easily the tackiest promotion EVER) and I gave a massage demo that was attended by exactly ONE person who wasn't related to me,but she did take diligent notes.

-------

My premier episode of "Zappa Universe" appeared on radiofreephoenix.com last night and it sounded pretty good, I thought. On first listen I leaned rather heavy on instrumental pieces so maybe this week I'll play closer attention to mixing it up.

We are already being mentioned on a Hungarian Zappa site.

-------

My family held my birthday party yesterday and they even invited me! I got lots of DVDs, a video game, books and socks! (I'm really excited about the socks, now that we own a dog.)

-------
So who's the first schmuck to roll in Bush's next cabinet? I think Ashcroft's days are numbered, as are Rumsfeld's; apparently he's sick. And I bet Cheney doesn't last more than two years.

-------

Another sign that the apocalypse is nigh: The Suns, the Sun Devils and even the CARDINALS all won their games over the weekend. The Suns are 3-0 in the early season; they look MIGHTY good. Especially as compared to last year, when GRADE SCHOOL teams could beat them.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?