<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 22, 2004

Such are the hazards of internet radio: I found out that www.radiofreephoenix.com was down last night for a considerable length of time, including the time set aside for my show, "Zappa Universe." So, last night's show will air NEXT Sunday at 6 p.m. Which is fine; it gives both me and Andy Olson (the station's owner and editor) a week off.

A listener sent me the coolest thing: the soundtrack of a TV commercial that Frank Zappa wrote back in the 60s for Remington Electric Razors. I'd never heard it before. It'll be on the show eventually...

A lot of people don't know this, but Zappa actually won a CLIO award for music he wrote for a nasal spray commercial. Or was it cough drops? I'll have to go look...it was eventually released on a compilation CD after Frank died.

I wonder what kind of weird commercials we would have eventually seen had Zappa gone into advertising full time...

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?