<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Thankfully, there aren't too many rules set on internet radio.

Which is why I'm now the host of a show!

Tune in to radiofreephoenix.com this Sunday at 6 p.m. Mountain for the first installment of "Zappa Universe," an hour-long, weekly show dedicated to Frank Zappa and his music.

I clicked on the station today and heard my promo for the show! That was cool. I used to be a disc jockey and it's been years since I heard myself talk like that.

If you're really into Zappa and you have stuff that you know would make my EARS drool, send it to me.

---------

Fiddlers Dream needs a roof. We had to do all of our shows last week in the Quaker meeting house because two Thursdays of rain and wind did a number on the main Fidd's location. I'm not going tonight (I'm headed for Nancy's to rehearse a gig we have next month) but this is probably a good night not to go, anyway.

Last week, we sponsored a highly attended, more-than-sold-out show by a guy named Mack Bailey, which was touted in all of the promo material as a John Denver tribute. In two hours, the guy played ONE John Denver song. Another one of the guys in the group, Jon Sommers, is the author of "Thank God I'm A Country Boy." He performed that. And that was it.

We've been getting an earful. Not our fault, though. Certainly not MY fault--I was far, far away, watching my wife dance.

--------

This weekend, we're headed for TusCon. I'm on four panels. All of them at at night between 9-midnight so I don't know how much MUSIC I'll get to play this weekend, but it should be fun anyway.

TT


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?