<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Kathy:

If your soul is floating out there in the ethereal mist (thereby negating everything I believe about the afterlife -- namely, there is none), happy birthday.

You would have been 45 today. Yeah I know, and I wouldn't have called you, because I never did, simply because I would have seen you at Mom's less than a week ago and wished you a happy birthday then.

As usual, you were missed at Christmas. Julie looks so much like you it's scary. However, she's got Brian's "tall" gene. Next year I may have to buy her a basketball.

But then, like I say, if you're floating around out there, you already know that.

However, know that no matter what day it is, you're never far from my memory. Even though we didn't talk more than once or twice a year when you were around, I still have to remind myself that you're not going to be calling me anymore. I was reminded of that when they interviewed Bob Dylan on 60 minutes a few weeks ago. I missed it, but I remember thinking if you'd been around to remind me I would have seen it.

So Kath, if you're out there floating around, go someplace nice for your birthday. Maybe you can tell me about it someday. But I doubt it.

Just in case though, Happy Birthday!

-------

I heard one of the worst-written reports the other day regarding the tsunami. I actually heard a newsreader (I don't blame him, he didn't write it) describe the upturn in stock prices for disaster-related products as a "silver lining" to the disaster. On NPR of all places!

Do you think that writer got called on the carpet or what?

------

I see George Carlin's in rehab. That explains a lot.

------

Tomorrow night is New Years' Eve. We will be celebrating with the same bunch of pals we usually celebrate with. It's great fun, but the older we get the sooner a lot of these people poop out. Before I get too much older I want to throw a huge bash on New Years of some sort, with lots of rampant nudity, s&M demonstrations, live music and, just to be different, a ping pong table.

The odd thing is that in my group, the hardest thing to procure from that list will be the Ping Pong table.

Happy New Year!

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?