<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Weird things in weird places department:

This morning I stopped at a Shell food mart to buy bottles of water. This said food mart is a bit larger than most gas-station-related foodies so it had a SLIGHTLY BIGGER amount of space for food items.

But I couldn't help notice a lone, solitary jar sitting by its lonesome on a shelf with other condiments like mustard, ketchup, etc:

Capers.

Imagine if you will, what might make ANYBODY go to the gas station to buy CAPERS.

RICH LADY: Oh, Peckingham...

BUTLER: Yes, Milady

RL: I fear we've run out of capers for the salmon-mousse-stuffed squab. I shall never hear the end of it at the party. Do run out to the GAS STATION and pick up a jar, will you?

BUTLER: At once, milady.

I wonder who the sly salesman was who persuaded the store manager that he needed to stock CAPERS.

CAPERS, fer chrissakes!
-------

Will somebody please get rid of Donald Rumsfeld? I can't believe, with all the rats jumping ship (either by choice or by Capt. Bush tossing them physically) that's this stupid jerk is sticking around.

Did you see him answering questions from the soldiers yesterday? Somehow I think they were expecting better answers than what ol' Donnie gave them, which essentially boiled down to "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred."

I do like the fact that he has a short fuse and he constantly looks like he's about to cry. One of these days his head is going to explode like "Scanners."

If I ever win the lottery I think I'm buying citizenship in Canada.
For everyone I know.

-------

First warning: Nancy Freeman and I will be playing an entire night of music at Fiddler's Dream on Friday, December 17. We have decided to break it up in three segments:1) Nancy solo 2) Us and 3) Me solo. It will be fun so everybody come on out! Mark yer calendars and such!

TT



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?