<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 06, 2004

Why are about 50% of all the people at the post office obviously weird?

I was there today to mail a package and one lady was holding things up by insisting that she could only use a particular 37-cent stamp to mail her stuff; that the others don't work.

Another guy went up to get a package that he could see behind the counter, and when the Post Office guy started walking toward it, the customer said, 'WHOA! WHOA-WHOA-WHOA-WHOA! As if the guy wasn't going to find it.

Maybe it's just me but I don't like to call attention to myself in places like post offices and banks.

Don't get me started on banks. If my business at the bank is going to take more than two minutes at the window, I won't go. Anything more complicated than a deposit and I'm doing it at home on the phone, where I'm not bothering people. However, I invariably end up behind some clown who wants to see all of the money he has in the bank. Now. In pennies. And he wants each penny counted out while he stands there.

If you're a problem banker, do us all a favor. Stay home and do it over the Internet.

-------

"Drawn Together" on Comedy Central is sick, sick, sick.

And I love it, love it, love it!

_______

The first wave of Christmas Cards is out...for a Jew I sure have to send out a lot of cards...

TT

Comments:
I'm one of those evil, line-clogging bank people. Recently I was in there with a bagful of Eisenhower dollars, Kennedy fifty-cent pieces and two dollar bills to deposit. About $50 bucks worth of the things. Being severely mathematically challenged, I had miscounted everything and written the wrong amount on the deposit slip. Hee! If at first you don't succeed, count and count again while the teller muses, "Gee, I don't even have a slot in my drawer to put these coins in."

My PC doesn't have a coin slot though, so I can't follow your suggestion in the future to try this at home. ;-)

Debora Kerr

PS - I clog up the line at the P.O. too, with 15 different eBay packages at once LOL. Bet you're glad I moved out of your town.
 
I don't clog up the line at the bank, I have everything all written up well in advance (and neatly too, several times tellers have commented appreciatively how lovely it was to have things legible!)

But I more than make up for it at the post office. I know most of the clerks at the local by face if not name, and they know me too. We usually chat for a bit while I show off new stamps, my latest postal art, pictures of the cats, etc. Or they show me stuff too, new stamps, rubber stamps, pictures of their cats, pictures of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer party, etc.

-Anonymous Gerbil
 
"I just came across your blog about ebay motor part accessoryand wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about **keyword** ebay motor part accessory so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?