<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Earthquakes, Mudslides, Tsunamis...are we undergoing a bunch of natural phenomena or ordering drinks in a bar?

------

I got an application in the mail today for the Tucson Folk Festival -- the only festival I've ever heard of (not that I look around much) that requires you to APPLY for admission.

I played there four years ago as part of a group consisting of me, Nancy Freeman and another friend of ours, Susie, who was then Williams and is now Andrianov.
We went over well. We called ourselves "Threatened by Folk Art," and thought we were "in" for 2001. Not so. So, in the meantime, I sent in an app on my own in 2002, in the midst of massive (har har) airplay of my CD, ESPECIALLY on the radio station that co-sponsors the folk festival, and I don't think I even got a "Thanks but no thanks" letter back.

Just my luck that now that I'm out of CDs, if I DO apply, I'll get in and have nothing to sell. (Again. Last time, I was about two months shy of recording my FIRST CD. Part of the reason I did was because lots of people in Tucson asked me if I had a CD.) Well, I'll have to think about it.

------

Speaking of Nancy Freeman, which I was about a minute ago, I saw her do her set at the Fiddler's Dream Anniversary Show on Saturday and she was rather magnificent. A new song or two, the voice is in great shape and all is right with the world. Well okay, no it isn't but you should definitely check Nancy out when you have the chance.

And we still sound like gangbusters when we sing together.

------

SHAMELESS PROMOTION DEPARTMENT:

Speaking of singing, I actually got a call at home last night from someone who wanted to buy my CD. To myknowledge, there are only about 15 left on the open market and I don't have any of them. You can get them at:

www.cdbaby.com -- Just do a search for "Something to Sell at My Gigs" and it'll come right up.

Tower Records Online www.tower.com (they're working from the same stock as CDBaby; it'll cost you a little more from here)

Borders Books and Music at 24th St. and Camelback; last time I checked there was one left in the comedy section and one left in the "local artists" section.

and finally:

A CD store whose name escapes me on Rte 66 in Flagstaff at either Leroux or San Francisco streets. They have like five or six copies and for reasons that would be far too stupid to explain here, I can't free them. You must go buy them.

------

Upcoming Gigs: Encanto Park Songwriter's Festival; 1/22, 12:40 in the boathouse.
The Trunk Space, Roosevelt and Grand, next to the Bikini Lounge. 8 p.m., with the Kindred Spirit Dance Company. (Think Belly Dancers! Oooooooohhhh...)

TT



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?