<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I am one of the seven heterosexual men on earth who likes to watch modern dance. (There used to be eight, but Sven died last year in Stockholm, surrounded by his family.)

Which is why it thrills me to see that Momix is coming in March to the Scottsdale Center with a piece called "Baseball."

See, back in '94, the Scottsdale center commissioned the group's choreographer, Moses Pendelton, to come up with a dance celebrating the opening of the then brand new Scottsdale Stadium just down the street. The dance he created, "Bat Habits," proved to be such fun for the troupe that over time, Pendelton stretched the 20-minute piece into an evening's entertainment, which has traveled all over the globe and is now coming back to the Scottsdale Center.

Me, Janice, a bunch of rich old people and scores of gay men saw the original "Bat Habits" in '94 and I'm kinda tempted to go see "Baseball." I'll let you know if I do.

(You only have to know me about three seconds to know that I am one of millions of heterosexual men who like baseball.)
------

The Songwriter's festival in the park last weekend was fun! I saw a bunch of folks I hadn't seen in a while, and I played a bunch of newer stuff to see how it would go over (good). So good to see folks like Larry Jolly and Human Jones and Andy Hurlbut and Nancy Freeman of course. I caught the last half of the Jenny Yates concert at 3 and the first half of the Hans Olson show at 3:30. Both fantastic.

Next big to-do: Me and the Kindred Spirit Dance Company at the Trunk Space, 15th Ave/Roosevelt/Grand intersection, next to the Bikini lounge! This Friday, 8 p.m. $5. Worth it. Please. Need. Money. Yes.

------
Best story of the day: A Greek man was treated for a slight heart attack after he called for a hooker while on a business trip to Athens. When he answered the door to let the prostitute into his hotel room, it turns out he knew her.

It was his daughter.

Ah, Greece...

TT


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?