<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 28, 2005

Last night was the first time the back of anybody's Oscar dress ever made me horny.
Hilary Swank's. Yowzah.

We don't go to dramas when we go to the movies because my wife says she likes to get away from problems, not go look at other people suffering.

Needless to say, Million Dollar Baby and Hotel Rwanda and the Aviator and whatever else was nominated were not on our list of movies to see.

I do wanna see "Ray," though, which I don't think anybody else in my family wants to see.

Still, I was curious about Million Dollar Baby so I went to a movie spoiler site that gives away the ending.

She gets beaten by Apollo Creed.

Then the boat sinks.

Oh, and Rosebud was the sled.

We DID see the Incredibles. Twice. And I'll probably buy it when it comes out on DVD 'cause it's a fuckin' INCREDIBLE piece of animation.


------

Does anybody know where we put our DVD copy of Return of the King? We can't find it.

------

finally returned two Netflix movies (The Swimming Pool and Frighteners) after taking four months to watch them and now have two more ("Pi" and "City of Lost Children"). Plus the third one that we STILL haven't watched (Star Wars Volume 3: Who The Fuck Cares Anymore?).

It's true I guess--the longer you have kids, the less time you have to watch movies.

------

At the Japanese Matsuri festival on Saturday there were several people dressed up as the "lucky gods" of Japanese lore. They were playing instruments and serenading the crowd with such delightful traditional Japanese tunes as "Proud Mary."

------

My taxes were prepared last week. It's kind of a familiar situation by now -- no matter what the Feds give back to me, I end up owing to the state. And then some. No matter what I do. This has been a trend since I first started paying income tax.

Could be worse. I have a friend who told me that he literally gets audited EVERY YEAR. (He makes most of his money by just investing in things, so every year is another exciting adventure for the taxman.) He says it's gotten to the point that he's successfully predicted the day his audit notice will show up in the mail for several years in a row.

At least he's got a sense of humor about it.

TT

Comments:
The 7 Lucky Gods wandering around the festival were a group the festival brought to perform on stage, and they did so too. And quite wonderfully Enough so that I was greatly disappointed they didn't announce DVDs for sale afterward, and you know what a tightwad I am. Carrie and I also thought certain parts you would have absolutely loved.

They're called U-Stage and have a website (with an English language version) where they sell only themselves. No CDs or DVDs or t-shirts or anything.

They also are looking for people to tour with them.

-Anonymous tsuna-nezumi
 
So: Did you pick up any useful Japanese Autoharp pointers?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?