<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 10, 2005

So last night, I call a Compuserve store to get the cross streets. I get a recording (which I expected) and I swear to GOD this is what I heard:

"Our Compuserve store is located right off the 101 at Jane."

WHERE? I press the number to repeat the option.

"Our Compuserve store is located right off the 101 at Jane."

My mind quickly surveys what I know Southbound 101 on the east side to look like. I don't remember ever seeing a woman named Jane or otherwise pointing to an offramp.

I try it one more time just to see if I can make any sense at all:

"Our Compuserve store is located right off the 101 at Jane."

Pissed off now, I press every button until I finally hear the phone ring.

"Compuserve."
Hi, what are your cross streets?

"We're right off the freeway at 101 and Shea."

Ah, SHEA! Do you realize your recorded announcer thinks the name of the street is Jane?

"No."

(Do you care? I am tempted to ask, but I don't.)

Call it yourself and tell me I'm crazy. Or hard of hearing.

------

Eureka!

I've always wanted to say that.

------

Tomorrow night is the Alwun House opening at which Jan is dancing with Kindred Spirit and all indications are that everybody will be soaking wet. This should be fun...

TT


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?