<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 18, 2005

I managed to record a decent (but not finished) version of one of my songs yesterday. My son Adam played drums on it and once I get re-record the vocals and add a bass player, it'll be done! (It's my song Everybody Wanna Sound Like Nirvana.)

------

If you live in the Queen Creek area, there's a SCREAMINGLY low-power station at 99.1 FM playing radiofreephoenix.com as its programming, inluding my show, "Zappa Universe" on Sundays at 6. Check it out--if you can!

------

My dad is not doing well; as a lot of you know, he's got Alzheimer's disease, he's had at least one stroke and the last couple of days he appears be forgetting how to swallow, which apparently happens to all Alzheimer's patients eventually. This is never a good thing. It could be just an anomaly but we're all waiting to see.

This is really taking a toll on my mom. She's an absolute brick but I can see she just wants everything to play itself out, one way or another. I think that's what we all want.

------

I will be playing a 20-minute set at an Earth Day show at Fiddler's Dream this Sunday from 2-5. I'm on at 2:20 after Scott Hallock, who coincidentally is producing my CD. Also on the docket are Cindi ("Cottonwood Stone") Martin, who puts these things together, Bob Villa (who writes songs so good I am almost, but not quite, embarassed to be on the same docket with him), Al Catarino (who plays guitar so good I am...oh, you get the idea), Rob Foley (ditto), Isidro Morin, Mark Lee, Trisha Zahn and Jacqui Foreman. They're all good, too. Admission is five bucks and the proceeds go to something. I forget. Aren't I the informative one?

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?