<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Think about it: The people who win "American Idol" are the Monkees of the 21st century.

It's true! Once they win, their careers are totally controlled by the company that produces the show. They're told what to sing, where to go, and what to do. The chance that you will EVER hear any of them sing a song they actually wrote is going to be somewhere between slim and none.

It will be inevitable that one of them will pull a "Mike Nesmith" and start complaining about how they're being made to be something they're not. They'll demand more input on their own albums. They'll become pains in the ass for the producers, and eventually they'll be let go and i bet you never hear from them again.

I HATE the whole "American Idol" concept. Why are there even "judges?" America decides the winners, and Americans have no musical taste (except of course for the 500 or so Americans who bought my CD). Don't watch it. Dumb show. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

------

I think somebody should put out a series of DVDs called "Bad Rock and Roll Actors in the Movies." Get those flicks out there that I've always wanted to see, like "Son of Dracula," with Harry Nilsson as the vampire; "Blindman" with Ringo Starr as a Mexican desperado; "Medicine Ball Caravan," which is another one of those great late-60s concert movies I love so much, but was apparently kinda hard to watch; stuff like that.

------

My wife and her dancing pals will be shaking bootay in a bellydance way this Sunday at the Maricopa County Fair, around 4 p.m. If you're there, go see them!

TT

Comments:
Our cafeteria at work recently underwent a major remodel. At the Grand Reopening, they hired a former American Idol contestant to come out and sing to all these engineers chowing down on their lunches. I didn't know who to feel sorrier for.
 
So there I was, successful in my plan to never think about American Idol, and then I read your blog today. So much for that.

As one of the 500 or so with taste, I agree with you.

I trust you'll let us all know when the next Mike Nesmith escapes from the pack. Then maybe I'll pay attention if he or she shows up at Fidds.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?