<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Honest to god I have no idea how to spiff this site up. It's like none of the browsers I have are new enough to handle "Bold" and "Italic" and stuff. I don't even remember how the hell I got a link to Nancy Freeman's site on my blog.

Tip: Yelling at the computer doesn't make it work. Apparently I have to learn html or something. And when I push the "B" for bold button it just spits out mumbldygook that doesn't make my letters bold.

Hell with it.

------

I don't eat nuts much, except for macadamias and cashews. Not sure why but when I eat your standard peanut or almond I find I'm eating the damn things for hours. My teeth have problems with nuts. I find them hard to swallow and if I don't have something to drink when I'm eating them I damn near choke on the things.

I'm not sure if it's just that my mostly-porcelain-capped teeth don't do nuts very well of if it's some latent aversion that I have to nuts. I was at a party recently where somebody brought brownies; they said they had male and female brownies. I went with the female. No nuts.

For me, nothing ruins a perfectly good candy bar like peanuts. Hershey with Almonds? Yeah, right. Why not stick a razor blade in my apple while you're at it?

However, recently my wife bought a bunch of mixed nuts, cooked them in some kind of magic sauce (mostly Old Bay seasoning and some other stuff) and regardless of what they were, I was able to eat them just fine. Seems like a lot to go through just to get me some peanuts I can tolerate, but I'll take what I can get. (Refried peanuts. Yum yum...)

------

At my father's funeral last week, a bunch of people went from the church to the graveyard and when we got out to walk the 40 miles or so to the gravesite (okay, it was only about a quarter-mile but the place was packed) I could hear mariachi music being played. Had mom hired a band? No, but somebody else did. Just down from my dad's final address there was a funeral going on for an Hispanic guy, the Mariachis playing away. It was kind of nice.

White people seem afraid to do stuff like that. It's like hey, the guest of honor isn't there to see it, so why bother?

------

Boy, would I like a massage right about now. It would certainly shock my co-workers.

TT

Comments:
Hey Tom, if you know what you want to do with your site we can get together sometime and I'll show you what to do. That situation with the B button, I dunno.... maybe it's because you have a Mac.
 
Nan: Sounds good to me -- one of these Thursdays I'll get a sub for open stage and come over. I'll trade you a massage for computer knowledge. Howzat?

TT
 
Sounds like a plan. Just name the Thursday (except for tomorrow).
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?