<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 06, 2005

Part of my life has closed down: The Tower Records at 19th Ave. and Montebello is gone!

I remember when that store opened in 1977. I remember the first album I bought there -- the three-record "Dirt, Silver and Gold" by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

I made friends with the staff there. I remember when they threatened to move out to the point of shipping everything back to Tower's home office and laying off all the staff, only for the building's owners to finally give in to what they needed keep Tower there.

But, I guess as the neighborhood, and the music market, changed, so did the need for a Tower Records. Oh well.

------

Do women start to look their age sooner than guys do, or do guys simply choose not to notice how old they look?

------

Have a good weekend!

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?