<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

My Son is 20! My son is 20! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

------

Hey, Here's a conundrum: Down in Australia, a woman lies in life support and her husband is doing EVERYTHING he can to keep the hospital from pulling the plug on her. Sound familiar? Terri Schiavo, right? WRONG! It seems that this time, the very same conservatives who were screaming and yelling at our government for pulling Terri's plug want this woman to go down, and go down fast. Why?

Because her husband, the guy who's trying to keep her alive, is responsible for beating the shit out of her and turning her into a brain-dead carrot. If she dies before he's tried for attempted murder, it becomes a murder charge with much harsher penalties.

So I guess -- in Australia, anyway-- your ultimate fate can ride on what will get your representative the most votes, eh?

------

Radio Free Phoenix is playing "I Can't Seem To Make You Mine" by the Seeds. When's the last time you heard that one on the radio?

Boy, the Seeds sucked. They literally knew three chords. Their keyboard player knew ONE decent lick, which he played in EVERY SONG.
Still, they got two or three hit singles out of the whole racket. "Pushin' Too Hard" is early protopunk at its best.

------

I want to give up my advertising job and be the guy who writes the color names for paint.

Ever go into a paint store and look at all the color names on the paint strips? They have to pay somebody to do that.

Who determines that "Wispy Green" is lighter or darker than "Sugarmint?" The guy who NAMES THEM, that's who!

And I want to do that.

My names would be really good. They may or may not have any correlation to the colors on the strips. For example, imagine a typical six-shade strip with various colors of yellow on it. My names would be interesting:

Grunt

Pressbox

Andy Pafko

Summer Belch

Moroccan Plectrum

Doink

See how much fun this is? Whoever the guy is who names paint, he's got the coolest job in the world. And I want it.

TT

Comments:
The paint naming is probably either done by or has to be approved by a committee. And then they'd have a test group to run it by, the local Tea & Knitting Society...
 
What a coincidence! I'm twenty, also!!!

I've been twenty for a LONG time...
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?