<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

My web-frustration post from last week actually elicited a couple of responses, including a wonderful one from my new friend and Zappa Universe listener Miz Ducky in San Diego, with easy-to-understand instructions on how to change my website.

Of course, I STILL can't change it, for reasons you can read about in my responses to the responses on the entry below this one.

And from what AOL tells me, unless I delete the whole thing and start over, I'm NEVER going to be able to change it. And I don't want to start over. Especially when I look at some of the crap I DID create when I tried to build a website 6 years ago using AOL's publishing stuff. I can write but I can't design worth squat. No patience.

------

If I ever do figure this out, I have a neat idea for a site. Anyone can do this I imagine:

Sit down and write out the names of literally EVERYBODY you can remember, who you can assume is still living. Group them however you like; relatives, friends, by school, workplaces, whatever.

Next, create a page with the header: "IS YOUR NAME HERE?"
Then write a paragraph explaining that if your name is here, I caught you google surfing! We know or have known each other at some point in our lives. Write and let me know you saw this and what you're up to.

Then, post this page on the internet with an email address. I bet I'd get answers almost immediately.

As you get them you can add checkmarks or something to indicate that you "found" these people.

------

I like finding out what happened to people. Sometimes the guy who you KNEW would be dead by the time he was 30 turns out to have had an epiphany, quit the drugs and is fine now. Sometimes you find out the health nut is a drug addict. But it's still fun to find out!

There are people out there who I'd REALLY like to know what became of them (I realize that's a bad sentence, but screw it). Especially some of the kids I knew growing up in Brookfield, WI.

Like the first girl I ever kissed, for example. Or the only guy in the neighborhood with a pool. Or for that matter, ADULTS I knew back then. I know what became of my fifth-grade teacher; we've even corresponded. But my sixth-grade teacher? No clue. And she was one of those bizarre people where you'd really like to know what she did with herself.

------

Well, until I can change my gig schedule, here's what I'm doing in July:

I'm playing Mama Java's Coffeehouse at 36th St. and Indian School on Friday, July 8 from 8-10! Admission is free but buy coffee!

Then I'm at Fiddler's Dream, 17th St. and Glendale on Saturday, July 23 with Gavan Weiser and Steve Decker. That'll be fun. And I'm almost always hosting the Thursday night open stages at Fiddler's Dream, so come on down for that.
------

I just realized it's only 3 months until the Prescott Folk Festival again. SHEESH! Where's the time go?

------
I completed the tougest portion of our upcoming vacation recently: I bought the tickets. That Priceline.com really works. Took my bid and got me the tix for less than I thought I was gonna have to pay.

Of course, we're flying to Atlanta by way of Reykjavik, Bora Bora and Tierra del Fuego, but the price is right! (Okay, actually it's Milwaukee. But how weird is that?)

TT

Comments:
What airline has its hub in Milwaukee? Bud Air?
 
Guess that means I'll see you at DragonCon. :-)

Debora Kerr
http://www.livejournal.com/~deborak
 
Nan: It's called Midwest Airlines and it's based in Milwaukee. Hence the stopover.

Deb: We will indeed be at DragonCon! See you there!

TT
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?