<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 26, 2005


While I still haven't been able to get to Nancy Freeman's for the free (in exchange for a massage) lessons on how to make bold and italic type stuff on this blog (How does Thursday 8/4 look, Nan?), I've noticed that on my new System 10 computer here at work, the Blogger thing DOES allow me to add pictures. Or at least there's a little icon that SAYS I can add pictures.

Let's try it:

I have no Idea until I publish if it works. That's scary.

What you should be seeing is a picture my dad gave me a few years ago before he sailed up the Strait of Alzheimer.

I THINK he took it. He always said he did; that Ike showed up in Japan during the cleanup time after the war (that's my dad's total contribution to WWII: he cleaned up Japan), and shook hands and stuff.

Supposedly, one of the two ladies in this pic (I think the one to Ike's left, your right) is Kay Sommersby, his personal secretary who Ike was reportedly plooking during his days away from Mamie.

If you CAN'T see this photo ask me to show it to you some time or e-mail it to you.

------

Last night I did something I don't do much anymore.

I had a hamburger.

A REAL BIG ONE with mushrooms and cheese and yummy.

The best burgers in the world can be found in bars. I wasn't in a bar last night but the burger was certainly bar-worthy.

Oddly enough, in my younger, more-burgers-per-year years, I discovered that the absolute BEST bar burgers seemed to be found in topless bars during weekday lunches. The scenery wasn't bad either, but I think most people thought I was a bit odd that I seemed to be enjoying the burger more than the bar itself.

But why not? Five, six bucks and I have a meal. A lap dance would cost you four, five times that much, and she might knock your burger over and get mustard on her g-string. Then she'd make you pay for the dry-cleaning.

Explain that one at the dry-cleaners. I think not.

Boobs I can see anytime. But next time I want a boobiebar burger I want to be left alone to enjoy its greasy, gastronomic goodness.

------

FYI, I brought my lunch today. Meat and cheese. No burgers. No boobs. But good anyway.

TT

Comments:
My dad's contribution to WWII was a couple months in basic training while he waited for his medical discharge. His war stories were all about the food.

Next Thursday (the 4th) sounds fine. What time should I expect you?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?