<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

WHY THIS IS A WEEK WE SHOULD ALL FORGET SOON
(Events in order of importance):

1. A good friend of mine got booted in the recent Honeywell layoff; I wish him well.

2. Another good friend lost her cat of 18 years; may she find another one as adventurous and durable.

3. The computer I'm typing on is on the fritz. May I keep from smashing my head through a window.

It's taking 15 minutes to load; if you ask it to print something it takes an hour, easy; it won't access my mail anymore and saving anything takes 15-30 minutes.

It takes 15 minutes to CLOSE an application.

And my office manager is saying, "maybe it'll fix itself so we don't have to call a repair guy."

Or buy a new computer.

Or let me HAVE one of the Macs that's currently being used to occupy space in storage. Of course, that would require someone actually going DOWN to storage, which isn't gonna happen in a blue moon.

------

I get to see my Doctor on Friday to test my glucose level (it should be fine) and try to narrow down why I'm always itching after eating certain things. I have it narrowed down to either wheat or corn; wheat seems to be the main culprit but I had a handful of popcorn this morning and now I'm itching like a dog in a flea circus.

------

We went out for Buffalo wings that other night and found this place called Wing Stop, at 59th Ave and Thunderbird. TAAAAASTY. Coupla different flavors among the usuals, including garlic/parmesan wings and lemon pepper wings. We also tried the teriyaki (pretty good!) and the ATOMIC wings because we're insane. These wings were so hot even Adam, who flinches at nothing, nearly screamed in pain. And this is a kid who beat the "Wall of Flame" at Sports Peppers and had his picture on the wall there for months.

------

Tomorrow I am a guest blogger on the site of my old college pal Chuck Sigars (pronounced SY-gars). Check it out, will you? He's a columnist up in Washington and a very good writer himself. This month, he's "vacationing" by asking other bloggers to write a blog entry for him. So far they're all great. Here's the URL: http://blogs.salon.com/0002813/

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?