<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 26, 2006

-------

The new Lark in the Morning Catalogue came in the mail yesterday; favorite new made-up word: BASSGURDY!

-------

I have long been of the opinion that everybody worries too much. But that's how you get elected. I don't know where you stand on Justice Alito and whether his presence on the board will sway the rights to an abortion one way or the other. But somebody asked me where I stood on this and so here's what I think:

As far as abortion goes, I'm never getting one.

Now, since I'm never getting one, what I think, in fact what any male thinks, should be a matter of opinion and nothing else. This is truly one situation where, if you were to have a vote, only women should vote on it. It's their bodies.

Now, if you really want to know where I stand on abortion, I'm pro choice. I mean, let's say you NEED one. Kid gets stuck the tubes and you're gonna explode if you don't get it out of there. That's a medical procedure, fer sure. And I'm inclined to say that it's a medical procedure even if it's NOT an emergency, up until the time that the kid could survive a preemie birth, which puts me in line with Roe V. Wade, which said that under three months, it's up to you.

Once the kid can survive on its own -- and again, I'm merely stating my opinion -- I would rather the kid had a chance to show up and make something of himself. But that wouldn't stop me from telling any pregnant friend of mine who's considering an abortion to do what they want to do, because it's NOT MY BODY. Now, if it were my sperm, I'd probably try to talk her out of it but repsect her decision anyway.

Isn't that what Roe V. Wade accomplishes? What could possibly be wrong with that?

Last word on this goes to my mom. She was raised and still is a Catholic, and we all know what the Church thinks about abortion. But that doesn't mean that that's what the SHEEP think about abortion. Some years ago I asked her where she stood on this issue and she said, "Well, I know I could never do it. But then I've never been a pregnant 14-year-old crack whore."

Well said, Mom!

------

I played at the songwriter's gathering last weekend to a pretty nice crowd! Amazing for a ten-minute gig! Nancy Freeman has a cool new song, by the way. (Thanks for the Fiji boat, Nan!)

------

Looks like I'm shooting my own cover for the CD.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?