<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 20, 2006

------
I don't have the sound on the TV up, so I have no idea who she is, but the female half of the couple I just saw figure skating on the Olympics sure has a nice butt.

Hey, call me male but I call 'em as I sees 'em.
------

Speaking of which, isn't it interesting how sexy the skaters choose to dress? I realize some of that is practical--you want to make sure you get a good grip, but boy, I don't remember Peggy Fleming dressing like that.

------

Of course, it's nothing compared to what I see when I'm quickly surfing past "Dancing with the Washed-Up Hollywood Nobodies," or whatever that's called. Are all ballroom dresses that skimpy? Not that I'm complaining...

------

I heard a report today on NPR that tells me that GWB should NOT be a stand-up comedian when he gets out of office. They played two soundbites where he was trying to win over an audience at Johnson Controls in Milwaukee (where a high-school friend of mine now works, and where the bulk of the workforce had to remain at their desks during Bush's visit and watch the speech over their computers) and judging from the reaction either the audience was only eight people or they just don't like him very much.

------

Hope you had a nice President's day. Here's a bunch of Presidential facts that you can win beer bets with:

Both Grover Cleveland and Warren Harding had illegitimate children: Cleveland before being elected and Harding after. Harding never saw the little tyke.

U.S. Grant was an alcoholic. He was followed by Rutherford Hayes, who was a teetotaler. Neither was a very good President, but Grant got to be lousy longer--two terms.

JFK had affairs with literally hundreds -- maybe thousands-- of women. It is speculated he gave chlamydia to most of them, and was fighting a particularly nasty case of it during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

When Thomas Jefferson freed his slaves in his will, most were unable to make it on their own and begged his survivors to get their jobs back.

Dolley Madison was, to use modern terminologies: a real "Babe." She enjoyed flaunting her ample bosom, which at first caused a stir and then became the thing to do if your ample was bosomly. Or vice versa. She was also the first First Lady to be photographed.

Something I just found out, via the History Channel: William Taft was the first president to be filmed in color.

Neat, eh?

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?