<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 06, 2006

--
I DON'T KNOW MUCH, BUT...

...For all the noise she made about Detroit ignoring Motown for the Superbowl, Aretha's duet of the Star-Spangled Banner with Aaron Neville was pretty half-assed. First of all, they clearly couldn't hear Dr. John and the band, the gospel choir was overkill and while maybe it looked good on paper, Aaron and Aretha just don't compliment each other vocally.

That and Neville's microphone wasn't loud enough.

I thought the STONES kicked ass, though. I saw where ABC used a 5-second delay to bleep two words from the songs: On Start Me Up, there's a line where instead of Mick singing "You Make a Grown Man Cry" he sings "you make a dead man come," so "come" went away, and then the word "cocks" disappeared from "Rough Justice," even though the song is getting regular airplay right now. (for those of you who haven't heard it, it's a line that's a pun: "Once upon a time I was your little red rooster/Now I'm just one of your cocks")

Good game, too.

MY FAVORITE COMMERCIAL:

Fed Ex Caveman. Jan and I laughed so hard the kids thought something was wrong.

Close runner up for me was the phone commercial (and the fact that I can't remember who the advertiser is is why it's not my favorite) where the two guys are comparing cell phones and one guy ups the other by saying his phone has a "crime deterrent" feature, then shows him. (I won't spoil it for you.)

------

UPDATE TO HOT SPRING SITUATION: After thinking that the 18th would be a good day to do this, I found out that three of the probably seven people most likely to go will be otherwise occupied or out of town. So now I'm looking at Feb 25. Those of you who responded, let me know if this date works for you, too. Also, watch your mail for a similar screed.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?