<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

------

NATURAL OPTICAL ILLUSIONS

The clouds and stars were playing tricks last night. (Boy does THAT sound like the first line of a song...)

There were light, scattered clouds all over the sky, and the stars were bright enough that they created that odd illusion that they were actually BELOW the clouds. Orion looked like he was sleeping on cotton balls.

------

Wanna feel old? Come across a picture of an old flame -- as he or she looks NOW. Like I just did.

To be fair, she actually looks okay, kind of how I figured she'd look . But it's still a bit of a shocker.

The flame in question was a girl I met -- just like my wife some years later -- trying out for a play. We were in junior high in Wisconsin, and my hormonal free-for-all that is early adolescence was in full swing.

The coolest thing I ever got to do with her was waltz. We were both in ANOTHER play at this point, and one of the scenes was a big English ball. But we never did date or anything.

As it turns out, we just became good friends. I was a grade ahead of her, and in those days, you did ninth grade at Junior High and then moved on to high school. So by the time she got to high school, I was living in Arizona. So much for that.

------

Boy I'm glad I married my wife. She looks EXACTLY THE SAME as she did the day I met her. At least in my head she does.


We were talking about that, once. How you keep a picture of somebody in your head that usually doesn't age with the person. For example, whenever I think of Jan and she's not in front of me, it's Jan from a picture I still remember taking, in the courtyard of the old dorms at NAU. She's wearing a purple shirt with a multi-colored banded collar. She's looking over her right shoulder and smiling.

It's a waist-up picture so in my mind, my wife has no legs.

It was a really neat picture and I kept a copy of it for years in my wallet. I have no idea if I even have it anymore, but it's there in the brain-o.

-----

UPS says my CDs should arrive TOMORROW. Woo Hoo!

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?