<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 13, 2006

WELL, THAT'S ONE WAY TO END A DROUGHT

After 143 days, it finally rained Saturday.

And snowed.

SNOW, I tell you -- as close to my house as Cave Creek! (For those of you in other parts of the world, that's about 20 miles from my house in PHOENIX.)

It rained and rained. And rained. All day. And then yesterday, just like that, it was over.

The desert is like that.

------

At least it didn't rain until the ever-popular closing event of the annual Alwun House Exotic Art Show completed itself on Friday night. Four very cool dance acts strutted their stuff and some made political statements as well. I would publish pics of the political statement dance act but I don't know how this blog deals with nudity so maybe I'll find something safe from one of the other presentations. We'll see.

------

This Saturday is the annual Phoenix Folk Festival. I will be there all day Saturday. Songwriters' circle at 11 and a show on the outdoor stage at 1 are both in my future. I also plan to check out the group Plethora, at 4 on Saturday, as an OLLLLLD friend of mine from my youth is in that band. Should be good.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?