<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

REAL STONED, FAR OUT AND GROOVY, MAN...

Last Saturday's Violet Wing Reunion show was so unbelievably cool they should've charged money.

Dave Frankus, the band's "leader," really put together a neat show, and I got to open it!




In this first picture, you can see where I'm obviously trying to remember what I'm going to do next.

I guess I did okay, 'cause the 75 or so people in the audience gave me a standing ovation at the end of my set. That was a first.

Later on, the band had me come out and sing one more song with them: "Louie Louie." That was fun!


There were go-go girls, too! One of them actually took the time to borrow a Volkswagen Beetle and put multi-colored tape flowers all over it, with a shag steering wheel cover and fake joints in the front seat (they had rosemary in them), and parked it in front of the Mesa Women's Center! Very cool.

It's fun having creative friends. A good time was had by all.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?