<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 17, 2006

THEY'RE DOIN' IT, DOIN' IT, DOIN' IT...

I'm playing the Peoria Library Auditorium tonight.

I LOVE this place.

No one in the audience (except my family) is under 50. Most aren't under 70. They mostly travel from Sun City and amidst the staid, "safe" (but frequenlty phenomenal) performers who play there every Monday night, I'm sort of the frisky whippersnapper.

Needless to say, my song "Sun City Sinners" is a big hit every time i go out there and play. This time, I'm armed with CDs! Should be a good night. I hope.

I'm on at 7:30. If you want to check this out, be there early.

I really don't know how to tell you how to get there except to do what i do: Take the north 101 west/south to Peoria. Make a left and take Peoria to the light just past the "Library" icon sign. Go south to the stop sign and it's the big white building.
Park, go in the library, and it's the big, usually closed doors on your right.

I have appeared on this stage countless times (at least I've lost count!) over the years and it never ceases to amaze me who I get booked with. I REALLY like it when the first act has lulled the crowd into submission with a half hour of songs about Jesus. I do really well on those nights. Or the guy with the musical saw.

Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes.

------

My wife's dance troupe, Natium, played another SRO show at Big Daddy's bar and grill the other night. They were really good, too, and deserve the crowds. The promoter wants them back next month, so they'll be there on the 26th with a slightly different (shorter, due to the summer heat) show.

TT

Comments:
You never told us how your stupid gig at the Peoria library turned out.

Did any of your new fans drop dead of heart attacks?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?