<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

WOW! PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ THIS!

Somebody posted a comment that I didn't mention how my "stupid gig" (his/her words, not mine) in Peoria went a few weeks back.

It went fine! But several old people who are afraid that Jesus will kill them and send them to hell if they laugh left after my first song. My wife couldn't resist -- she followed them out to the lobby and heard them bitching and moaning about my choice of material.

Those who stayed -- most of them -- LOVED ME. That's the first time I ever noticed people leaving, though.

Perhaps it wasn't a good idea to book me between two acts who played mostly inspirational and religious songs.

Can't wait to go back though.

------

Speaking of gigs, I'm opening Saturday night at Fiddler's Dream, 17th St. and Glendale at 8 p.m. Be there. I'm funnier when there's an audience.

TT

Comments:
So what did you open with - "I'm Posting the Ten Commandments" or "Catholic Guilt"?

...or "Sunday Best"?

Geez, you coulda done a whole set of religious music just doing your own stuff!
 
"SUNDAY BEST? "

My GAWD, even I forgot about that one...

Actually, they started leaving after my into to Catholic Guilt, which I think was my second song. Then I pulled out the stops and did "Sun City Sinners" and suddenly I see fuddies doddering for the door.

TT
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?