<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 18, 2006

THAT'S NOT WHAT WE MEAN! NOW DIE, INFIDEL!

Is the irony of Muslim reaction to the Pope's little faux papa lost on everybody but me?

He quotes the 14th century Byzantine Christian Emperor Manuel Paleologos II, who said "Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."

Muslims, rightfully so, spoke out in protest, saying that's nonsense. There is much more to the religion than that. And there is.

So how do most Muslims react to this comment? Do they invite the pope to sit down and learn about the religion with a couple of leaders?

No. They threaten to kill the pope and destroy him by the sword.

That's like showing up at an anti-hydrocarbon rally in a Hummer.

Or bringing beef sandwiches to a PETA rally.

When I'm king, all religion will be prohibited until people learn to use it correctly.

------

Meanwhile, the Cardinals offensive line has to learn how to block. Consistently.

------

My CDs are now available at all Zia Records locations, including Tucson and Las Vegas. I would imagine they can be found in the "Local" music section much like they are here in Phoenix. Tell your friends to go to Zia and start a run on my stuff.

------

Next week I'm flying to Milwaukee to attend a reunion on September 30 of people I WOULD have graduated with if I hadn't moved here first. I grew up with a lot of these people so I hope some of them show up. Even if they don't, I'm planning to have dinner with an old pal of mine who now lives in Janesville on Friday the 29th. (I'm insisting on German food.) Then during the day of the 30th another fellow I've become reacquainted with thanks to the internet has offered to give me a Milwaukee tour. Definitely looking forward to that. I also want to drive by my old house and get a picture of it.

The last time I was in Milwaukee was 1990 for a business trip that pretty much garnered absolutely nothing. But the company we were pitching paid for it so we had a good time.

All of my luggage is being checked. I want to get through as fast as I can.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?