<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 26, 2006

HOW I'LL REMEMBER NOVEMBER

This month was an eventful one for me, that's for sure. I celebrated birthday number 49 on the 2nd, and yesterday my friend Shirley handed me a very neat belated birthday present: A book called the "Bob Dylan Encyclopedia!" Amazingly detailed and all written by one (very opinionated) guy. That's okay though; I like being able to learn something while at the same time saying to myself, "whaddya MEAN the tracks Dylan re-recorded for Blood on the Tracks were inferior to the originals? Asshole!"

Then, I spent three days in the gulf of Mexico supervising a video for one of our clients. I spent two of those three days on an oil reclamation responder boat that looked like this:



I'd never been to the Gulf before. Rather un-scenic for a piece of ocean, which it basically is. Lots of pelicans and dolphins, though. None of which would pose for my camera.

This was immediately followed by my weekend at TusCon which I previously mentioned.

Eventually, Thanksgiving showed up; good thing we went to my mom's, as this year Turkey Day fell on what would have been my dad's 80th birthday. Mom got a bit emotional at times, so it was good to be there.

Then, yesterday I did something I haven't done in ages: I volunteered at Fiddler's Dream on a day other than THURSDAY. Can you believe it? Do you care? I thought not.

And now we're headed into December already. Sheesh!

------

If you're looking for a cheap but entertianing gift for people, give them my CDs! Go to www.cdbaby.com and order, order order! Or just come by the house. Or my gigs on Dec. 6 at Encanto Park and Dec. 9 at the Music Corner, 1500 W. Maryland.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?