<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 16, 2006

TO TUCSON AND BACK IN 36 HOURS

Went to TusCon last weekend. I was a panelist on three different discussion groups, all dealing with space travel in one way or another. I found myself as the odd man out among physicists for most of them,but I held my own.

Also, for what I think was the FIFTH year in a row, I did my massage demo. I've been massaging people for 30 years now, and the massage demo thing at TusCon has kinda become a given. In fact, I was told this time out that I can do that demo as often as I want until they stop doing TusCons or I stop coming.

I'll probably keep going because as much as I like going to conventions, I like participating in them more, and the ONLY Arizona con that gives a rat's ass about using me as a panelist is TusCon. I've been asking programmers for the local Phoenix cons to put me on panels for years, only for that request to be completely ignored.

I mentioned this to some other people at TusCon and they said they have the same problem. It's like the Phoenix organizers are a clique that don't want anybody invading their space. Invading their "space." GET IT? I MADE A FUNNY!

------

Haven't been on lately but it's not that I don't have anything to talk about -- I just don't have any time. Back soon.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?