<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 18, 2006

IS IT JUST ME...

...Or did Colonel Sanders get a face lift?

BEFORE




AFTER




Not that I would begrudge the old guy. He's been dead for 26 years, his company turned him into an icon LONG before that. He DESERVES an update.

I can eat KFC like once a year. That once was last week when I realized I had to feed a whole bunch of people who didn't want pizza. To give you an idea of how "good" -- and I use that term lightly -- KFC is, I bought the largest bucket they had and still ended up with three pieces of chicken that nobody wanted. I had to toss it after a couple days.

Is KFC like McDonalds, where you just grow out of it? I remember when I was a kid, the commercials all had Harlan Sanders doing the actual pitching, going on and on about the 83,000 herbs and spices in his secret recipe. He was usually talking to some kid in a ficitonalized idea of Kentucky, where everybody goes fishin', and then for some reason, rather than eat the damn fish, they settle down for greasy Chicken!

And the kids in these ads, who I guess were supposed to represent the Colonel's grandkids, would always have this look on their face, like "SHUT UP, Gramps, I KNOW! Herbs and Spices! Go F&*% yourself!"

------

I saw Penn Jillette on TV yesterday and had two great ideas for how to keep Muslim Terrorists from getting on planes:

1. Let everyone pack a weapon. Make the terrorist decide if he REALLY wants to try this...

2. Penn wants to start an airline called "Bacon and a Kiss" Airlines. Before you get on the plane, you have to eat a piece of bacon and kiss a member of the same sex passionately on the lips.

------

Went out for dim sum yesterday. Yum yum!

TT

Comments:
Religious fanatics who think they've got a "get out of hell free" card aren't going to sweat breaking their own religious laws. The 9/11 hijackers spent their last days maxing out their credit cards in titty bars, which I'm pretty sure is against most interpretations of Sharia law.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?