<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 04, 2006

THIS JUST IN...

I'm sure this was as much of a shock to you as it was to me, but:

Britney Spears has a VAGINA! Details...well, all over the internet, apparently...

Sometimes, I think that with the way the internet is, part of "getting famous" should require that you simply hand your publicist nude photos long before you're famous and get 'em out there. Because they're gonna show up anyway, so why not beat them to the punch?

I'm not famous but there are nude photos of ME on the internet. Okay, you can't see anything but I swear I'm naked.

------

Well, after an enitre MONTH where I didn't play anywhere, it suddenly occurred to me that gigs don't book themselves. So I have two engagements this week at two different places:

Wedneday, Dec. 6: Stop by the big red clubhouse at Encanto Park, on 15th Avenue just south of the golf course parking lot! I'll be one of three acts playing sometime between 7 and 9. The usual jam session takes place first at 7, as I recall, and then the acts start at 7:30. (I think I'm on at 8. But show up early just in case!) It's FREE!

Then, on Saturday the ninth, I'm playing at a new venue for me and a newer venue for the Valley's folk coffee house scene, the Music Corner. It's located in a rec room at Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church, on the corner of 15th Avenue and Maryland. If this sounds a bit like Fiddler's Dream, it should.

Since Fidd's rents space from the Quakers, the Music Corner does the same thing from the Lutherans. (However, there is no direct connection to the church. Anyone who's heard my act will know that!) Music starts at 7:30 with Jim Pipkin, who can write circles around you, me, and your dog without looking. He's really good. I'm on after Jim.

It's also run by former board members of Fiddler's Dream who wanted to do something like it on the west side. And they have.

And just like the Wednesday night gig, admission to the Music Corner is a big fat NUTHIN' unless you wish to make a donation to keep the place going!

Also, if you're looking for the perfect cheap-ass gift for somebody for the holidays, I will of course have plenty of my CDs available for sale. I'll even be singing the one Christmas song I know, the one on my latest CD! It's my version of "Christmas in Arizona," written by my good pal Bill Blankenship and funny as heck.

------

And speaking of Fiddler's Dream, my pal Nancy Freeman has the middle slot on Friday night. I'll be there, and she'll probably (I hope) drag me up to sing one or two songs with her. Show up!


------

FRANK ZAPPA: 12/21/40 - 12/4/93

As usual, at www.zappa.com, the family is marking the day by posting the virtual memorial candle. This year, they've added a soundtrack: "Watermelon in Easter Hay," from "Joe's Garage." It's perhaps Frank's most emotional guitar solo and one that literally takes your breath away. It is simply amazing and I hope you'll take the time today to go listen to it.

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?