<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

COLD RECEDING, CAREER PROCEEDING

Last Friday I played the 20th anniversary celebration at Fiddler's Dream. It was fun! I sold some CDs, everybody stayed (I was last), it was a full house and my voice, which was tinkering with a cold, stuck around long enough for me to finish.

Next morning, of course, I was croaking like Tom Waits chewing on hacksaw blades.

I went to a party that night, the theme was "Dress Like a Pirate!" They didn't say what KIND of pirate so I bought a Pittsburgh Pirates hat and jersey and showed up wearing that. Everybody liked it.

Sunday was no better for my voice, but it finally started showing itself again yesterday when I was so sick from whatever this was that I had to stay home.

I'm still a little rough but I should be FINE for my NEXT GIG (bugle, drum roll, please):

This Saturday, 8-10 at Mama Javas at 36th Street and Indian School Road!

You should all come if you can. If you can't, you should send someone who can. I always have a ball at MJs and it will be a good time.

------

The ongoing saga of my jacuzzi continues. We FINALLY had a guy come out to fix it over a week ago. Due to a variety of nearly comical oopses, he had to put off fixing it for a week. Then he showed up with what he THOUGHT were the correct parts, only to discover that the LAST time we had work done on it, the innards were replaced by DIFFERENT innards than he had, so....

...hopefully tomorrow he'll show up with the right parts. And the same cost estimate.

We'll keep you posted.

TT

(Ever wanted to help
educate in careers
of different kinds? Then click the link.)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?