<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

OODLES OF WAYNEMAIL

Since my blog is not a political or sex blog, I don't post every day, and when I do, I'm never slathered with comments -- at best, I get the dander up of one or two of you. But one post that I made nearly three years ago STILL gets comments! It was a simple, one-paragraph comment where I wondered what became of Wayne Cochran.




As you can see from the photo, Cochran was a BIG-pompadoured blues belter in the mid-60s who desperately wanted to be James Brown. He was always entertaining to watch, and he was very good, and he was REALLY LOUD.

But not many people remember Wayne. Or so I thought.

There are now something like 9 or ten comments on Mr. Cochran under that little paragraph and that's some kind of record for my stuff.

Incidentally, Wayne's still around but he's rocking for Jesus now and lost the pompadour years ago.

Where's the fun in that?

------

I'm going to see the Who (or as my son Adam puts it, "Who's Left?" ) tonight. I will report soon...

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?