<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 15, 2007

TUERFF, TUERFF, BO BUERFF, BONANA FANNA FO FUERFF, FEE FI MO MUERFF. TUERFF! DAMMIT!

Attention everybody: I've had enough of this.

My last name is spelled T-u-e-r-f-f.

Six letters. Tuerff. It's not hard.

I'm complaining about this because every time my name has appeared in print somewhere this year, IT'S SPELLED WRONG.

And the worst part is, most of these events are occurring with people and places who should KNOW BETTER.

I get promotional pages to pass out for events I play where my name is spelled correctly on the envelope, but totally botched on the promotional material! How does that happen?

It's not Teurff, (you can actually GOOGLE that and find an article about me, and in the rest of the ARTICLE it's spelled correctly) , it's not Tuereff, Truff, Turff, Terff, Trafe, Truffle, Tuff or Treff.

Okay?

TUERFF. Pronounced "Turf." Like Astroturf. Not "Tu-reff," "Twerff," Or, as some guy in a hospital emergency room once decided to pronounce it, "Taylor."

Sheesh.

------

I don't watch "American Idol" but I'm fascinated at this situation they have going now where this one really mediocre kid keeps not getting voted off.

This is apparently due to three things:

1. Votes from teenage girls who think this guy is "cute" and don't care that he can't sing;
2. Votes generated from a website called www.votefortheworst.com;
3. I heard this Morning that Howard Stern is telling his listeners to vote for this kid in an effort to make him the champ, thereby embarrassing the show, and possibly getting it tossed off the air.

I find this all very amusing but I gotta feel for the producers of the show. The winner MUST get a record contract. Of course, if he wins they could always give him the contract, take him in, make an album that won't sell, pay him off and boom. End of story. Big loss of money but hey, it happens.

Prediction: Before they do another season of this, they will add a rule that allows the judges/producers/etc. to overrule the audience when it appears that Armchair America has no taste.

Oh, wait a minute...that would be like always.

------

I've added a whole bunch of gigs. My webmistress hasn't made the changes yet to tomtuerff.com but you can also find them at www.myspace.com/tomtuerffmusic

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?