<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 18, 2007

THE PLACES I GO, THE THINGS I HEAR...


Went up and played the Flagstaff Folk Festival on Saturday. Didn't sell any CDs but I had a really nice-sized crowd. They all laughed.

When it was over, a guy who'd come in to watch came up to me and said, "I heard you on the Midnight Special in Chicago a couple weeks back!"

This made me happy, 'cause getting played on the radio is one of the reasons I do this at all.

I don't care if it's broadcast or internet, hearing yourself on the radio is really neat. It means SOMEBODY thinks you're good enough to fill up three minutes of somebody else's life. And Midnight Special is a 50-year-old show on Chicago public radio. So lots of people have now heard me in the Chicago area at least three times!

Add this on to occasional plays in Wickenburg and Duke University, and that's a really bizarre tour schedule.

I just hope that guy didn't drive all the way from Chicago just to tell me that...

------

I think Ellen DeGeneres is pretty damn funny. I don't care that she's gay. She'd be funny regardless. Which is why I think it's stupid that the media is making every attempt to create "shock value" out of the fact that last Friday, when she won a daytime Emmy, she did the unthinkable and kissed her girlfriend.

WHO CARES!???

They should be running pics of her holding up her Emmy. THAT's the story. But that's not SCANDALOUS.

Sheesh.

------

IF TABLOIDS COVERED SPORTS:

"DIAMONDBACKS CAUGHT STREAKING AGAIN"

9-game winning streak, 5-game losing streak, 3-game winning streak...

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?