<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 20, 2007

ARRRR, ME BUCKOS...

Yesterday, as you probably know, was national "Talk Like a Pirate Day." And I must admit, I did in fact bark out a few "Arrrrs" at work yesterday.

I actually need the practice, since I've been hired to play a party on Dec. 1 for a group of pirate re-enactment people called the Arizona Corsairs. I need to dress like a pirate and play pirate songs. They even gave me a CD and a book of songs they want me to learn.

Easy enough; most pirate songs are two or three chords and very repetitive.

Also very dirty. And gross.

My kinda stuff.

------

But anyway, yesterday being "Talk Like a Pirate Day," which, like Mothers Day and Father's Day, were simply thought up by somebody and it caught on big, got me to thinking.

We need MORE unofficial holidays like that.

Here are some suggestions. If you decide to spearhead any of these, I'll gladly help you spread the word:

French-Kiss a Stranger Day

Punch a Politician in the Face Day

Pierce the Webbing Between Your Thumb and Forefinger Day

Show People Your Uvula Day

Drive Like An Asshole Day (oh wait, that was apparently THIS MORNING)

Change Your Team Allegiance Day

National Bodypainting Day

Pee On Your Boss's Desk Day

Anchovy Pizza Day

Sing the Phone Book Day

"No Cell Phone Cameras!" Day

------

Played a nice gig last night at the Glendale Auditorium for a small group of people. Eddie Detroit and Malcolm Harris, easily two of my favorite performers, played too. Sold a couple CDs, so not a bad night at all!

Coming up: This Friday, I'm part of a comedy music showcase at the Paper Heart with Page the Village Idiot and others! $7 admission. And THEN, as if that weren't enough, I play at Fiddler's Dream on Saturday night with the Hurricajuns and Cameo Hill.

Come out! Come hear! Come see! Come tip! Especially tip!

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?