<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 25, 2008

A COMMERCIAL WITH REAL BALLS...AND PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING ELSE

I have to admit -- after watching this commercial, I definitely checked out the skin care products. And I don't even live in England.

http://www.elave.co.uk/nothing-to-hide/

The lady doing the talking is the actual president of the company.

Speaking from the point of view of a guy who's been in advertising his whole life, I think there's only one or two spots where English "smarminess" kinda gets in the way of the message. But it's unlikely you're ever gonna see a commercial like this again...

------

HEY GUITAR PLAYERS! Put this on your Netflix list: Lightnin' Hopkins: Rare Performances 1960-1979.
My GOD, this guy could play. I knew that, but sorta forgot. This collection culminates with two sets from the 1970s, one from a Houston Public TV show and the other from Austin City Limits. Yikes! Good stuff. There's even a bonus section from an early 1960s broadcast, where Hopkins plays under the watchful eye of an EXTREMELY young Joan Baez.

------

My son Brendan got his driver's license. First try! Give him some ROOM, dammit!

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?