<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 28, 2008

GETTING TO KNOW ME, GETTING TO KNOW ALLLLL ABOUT ME...

Over on my friend Nancy Freeman's blog, which you can click to over there on the right, she got a request to list seven things that she thinks people don't know about her. So I figured, what the hell, I might as well try that.

Thing is, I'm pretty open about stuff. But here goes:

1. I have an unexplainable, and totally unfounded, fear of bridges and overpasses. It doesn't keep me from using them but it's there. (Oddly, I have absolutely no fear whatsoever about crossing the Golden Gate Bridge.)

2. Despite what it looks like, I have a terrible problem having intelligent conversations with women who I don't know very well. I blame my Catholic upbringing.

3. I have been practicing massage as a hobby for more than 30 years. (All you have to do is ask.) And I'm REALLY good for an amateur.

4. I don't "get" Bruce Springsteen. I've never liked his stuff. Or Jackson Browne. Or the Eagles, except for songs they recorded that were written by Jack Tempchin. (Oh, and "I Can't Tell You Why," which was written by Timothy B. Schmidt.) "Desperado" may well be the most grating song in the history of 1970s music after "Free Bird."

5. My first steady girlfriend was a drug addict. I thought I could change her. WRONG.

6. My first appearance on stage was in a 1972 school production of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown." I played CB.

7. While I can take or leave most classical music, I am a HUGE Haydn fan. I think he was better than Mozart. It doesn't get much better than that.

Now tell me seven things about you!

TT

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?